Christopher Browne cbbrowne at ca.afilias.info
Fri Oct 10 13:26:25 PDT 2008
Kenny Gorman <kgorman at hi5.com> writes:
> You can just stop the slon processes, and drop the schema that holds
> the replication tables, then your all clean again.

I would prefer to cleanly uninstall Slony-I on it via the slonik command
UNINSTALL NODE.

<http://www.slony.info/documentation/stmtuninstallnode.html>

That does some things that simply dropping the schema doesn't.

Looking at the code for uninstallNode():

	-- ----
	-- Grab the central configuration lock
	-- ----
	lock table @NAMESPACE at .sl_config_lock;

	-- ----
	-- This is us ... time for suicide! Restore all tables to
	-- their original status.
	-- ----
	for v_tab_row in select * from @NAMESPACE at .sl_table loop
		perform @NAMESPACE at .alterTableRestore(v_tab_row.tab_id);