Christopher Browne cbbrowne at ca.afilias.info
Wed Oct 8 07:15:57 PDT 2008
Yi Zhao <yi.zhao at alibaba-inc.com> writes:
> I have setup slony on master and slave and it's works at the beginning.
> but some days later, slony will failed: why I do some operation on
> master, the synchronism will failed to slave:((, then if I restart the
> the slony process(slon_kill and slon start), it will recover,
> does somebody met this problem and know the reason about it?

There are a number of error conditions that may be resolved by
restarting slon processes.

You would need to give quite a bit more detail in order for anyone to
attempt any diagnosis.

As a usual start, it's not much good even speculating without seeing
things like:

- The contents of the logs for the slon processes;

- The output of the tool test_slony_state (of which there are two
versions)
   http://www.slony.info/documentation/monitoring.html

- Information about what version of Slony-I you are running (and
  possibly the versions of PostgreSQL on each node, as well as OS
  versions)

--
output = reverse("ofni.sesabatadxunil" "@" "enworbbc")
http://linuxfinances.info/info/spreadsheets.html