Christopher Browne cbbrowne at ca.afilias.info
Thu Oct 2 15:33:55 PDT 2008
Anoop Bhat <ABhat at trustwave.com> writes:
> I heard and read somewhere that replicating tables with oid
> attributes was not possible. Is this true?

Yes and no.

Slony-I has no trouble replicating such tables; it will not, however,
propagate the OID value.

> It's the biggest table we have at 140GB. I'd like to be able to
> replicate it for a cut over we're planning.

You realize that oids have been deprecated since PostgreSQL 8.1,
released back in 2005, don't you?

You need to consider revising your applications to use proper primary
keys, because at some point, it's possible that OIDs on tables may get
removed altogether.
--
let name="cbbrowne" and tld="linuxfinances.info" in name ^ "@" ^ tld;;
http://linuxdatabases.info/info/internet.html