Jeff Amiel JAmiel at istreamimaging.com
Thu Oct 2 13:04:52 PDT 2008
-----Original Message-----
From: slony1-general-bounces at lists.slony.info
[mailto:slony1-general-bounces at lists.slony.info] On Behalf Of Andrew
Sullivan
Sent: Thursday, October 02, 2008 1:38 PM
To: slony1-general at lists.slony.info
Subject: Re: [Slony1-general] subscriber question

You 'may' have a problem, then.  If you want the trigger to be on all
nodes, and disabled on the replicas, then you need to add it via
EXECUTE SCRIPT.  If you want it just on one or more replicas, that is
the purpose of STORE TRIGGER.  I think you need to drop these triggers
and create them the right way.
------

hmmm....so what is the 'right way'

" The Right Way to handle such triggers is normally to use STORE
TRIGGER, which tells Slony-I that a trigger should not get deactivated."

Does that mean putting the 'create trigger' in a SLONIK script isn't the
'right way'?