Christopher Browne cbbrowne at ca.afilias.info
Thu Oct 2 11:02:50 PDT 2008
Marcin Kasperski <Marcin.Kasperski at softax.com.pl> writes:
> Anoop Bhat <ABhat at trustwave.com> writes:
>
>> Centos 5 only comes with 8.1.11 and as a company, we've decided that
>> we'll go with whatever the distro comes with. Makes things easier
>> for management etc.
>
> You must compile the same Slony version on both hosts, so at least
> here you will be forced to lessen this rule.
>
> I succesfully Slony-migrated from 8.1 to 8.3. Don't know about 7.4

We've migrated 7.4 to 8.1; that interoperability has certainly been
one of OUR requirements :-).

In view that there will be a need to compile Slony-I in both
environments, that certainly undermines the "whatever the distro comes
with" argument, at least in part.

I can't see why someone would be keen of keeping on a release that was
obsoleted nearly two years ago (e.g. - 8.2 was released in December
2006), when there exist some quantity of data-eating bugs between 8.1
and 8.3 that will NEVER be addressed in the 8.1 release.
--
output = reverse("moc.enworbbc" "@" "enworbbc")
http://linuxdatabases.info/info/linuxxian.html