Gurjeet Singh singh.gurjeet at gmail.com
Thu Oct 2 08:38:08 PDT 2008
On Thu, Oct 2, 2008 at 9:00 PM, Anoop Bhat <ABhat at trustwave.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was wondering how closely the versions of pgsql need to match in order
> for replication to occur successfully.
>
> We're moving datacenters and I've setup an 8.1.11 postgresql server but my
> origin is a 7.4.7 server.

While you at it, why not move to 8.3.4?

> Will this be a problem and is there any potential danger to my origin?

While I think it is completely possible, (Slony can do this), but I haven't
ever done this, so not sure what kind of roadblocks there might be.

One thing you can try is that try pg_dump + restore, that should give you a
fair idea of what to handle before you try it with Slony.

Best regards,
-- =

gurjeet[.singh]@EnterpriseDB.com
singh.gurjeet@{ gmail | hotmail | indiatimes | yahoo }.com