Bill Moran wmoran at collaborativefusion.com
Wed May 21 14:45:32 PDT 2008
Please keep the mailing list in the conversation, and please don't
top-post.

> Bill, are you saying that even autovacuum in postgresql.conf is disabled,
> Slony does vacuum in the tables that it uses?

Yes.  Slony is not autovaccum, they are independent of one another.

> So, there's how to disabled the vacuum's Slony?

There is no way that I know of.

> I have a proccess at
> midnigth that does a "vacuumdb -a -v -z -f", so I don't need Slony's vacuum
> at midday.

That statement is incorrect.

First of, scheduled VACUUM FULLs are not recommended as they cause index
bloating, require aggressive locking, put a heavy load on the server, and
are not an effective method of ongoing maintenance.

Secondly, unless you have a lot more information than you're providing,
you don't _know_ that vacuuming once a day is often enough, and I _highly_
doubt that it is.

--
Bill Moran
Collaborative Fusion Inc.