Troy Wolf troy at troywolf.com
Wed Jun 25 12:23:55 PDT 2008
On Wed, Jun 25, 2008 at 2:20 PM, Alexander Staubo <alex at bengler.no> wrote:
> Are you gusy even reading my original message? I am doing exactly this
> -- I do a "wait for event", then a "sync", then a wait again --
> exactly as described by the Slony 1.2 documentation:
>
>  http://www.slony.info/documentation/addthings.html
>
> ...from which I quote:
>
>> If you wish to know, deterministically, that each subscription has completed,
>> you'll need to submit the following sort of slonik script for each subscription:
>>
>> SUBSCRIBE SET (ID=1, PROVIDER=1, RECEIVER=2);
>> WAIT FOR EVENT (ORIGIN=2, CONFIRMED = 1);
>> SYNC(ID = 1);
>> WAIT FOR EVENT (ORIGIN=1, CONFIRMED=2);
>
> The problem is that I cannot get this to *work*.

My apologies, I did read your code, but this was before I knew about
the little SYNC trick. I replied based on what works for me. The
behavior you described is what I expected...yeah, you get to manually
wait then do the MERGE. However, it sounds like the SYNC trick should
work, so I'm changing my shell scripts right now to implement this.
I'll let you know if it works for me or not. Sorry for the confusion.
I'm trying to give back and not only ask questions! :)