Andrew Sullivan ajs at crankycanuck.ca
Fri Jun 13 07:23:56 PDT 2008
On Fri, Jun 13, 2008 at 12:09:01PM +0200, "Stéphane A. Schildknecht" wrote:

> Unfortunately, one of the node (72, see below) did not know about that set, and
> subscription failed, leaving the whole replication in an unstable state.
>
> I can't do anything as node 72 is trying to subscribe a unknown set.

Did you ensure that every node had the subscription before you performed the
merge?  If not, then yes, this is hopelessly broken.

> Do I have another option that rebuilding the wole replication ? That may be a
> half day production break at least...

You have to grovel through the events that 72 is attempting to process, yank
all the latest events (72 will be really broken now), then drop the tables
that made up the added set from replication.  Probably you'll have to drop
the 72 node.  Then rebuild the set, rebuild 72, and only _then_ once
everyone has the subscription, perform the merge.