Andrew Sullivan ajs at crankycanuck.ca
Fri Jun 13 06:01:00 PDT 2008
On Sat, Jun 07, 2008 at 02:05:27PM +0200, Marcin Kasperski wrote:

> So I'd like to remove old data from "events" in ProductionDatabase,
> but would like to keep them in ReportDatabase.
>
> Is it possible to convince Slony to ignore such a DELETE

No, but you could put a trigger in the report database that actually puts
the records in a _different_ table, and use views to see things (so you
don't really need to change your application).  Ideally, you'll want to
partition by year or something anyway, because eventually you're probably
going to want to drop records off the table (like, records 7 years old,
maybe?).