Christopher Browne cbbrowne at ca.afilias.info
Tue Jun 10 11:13:01 PDT 2008
Geoffrey <lists at serioustechnology.com> writes:
> I don't remember seeing these messages before, maybe I'm
> wrong. Question is, the node 2 database I'm replicating to, is already
> empty. Does slony simply try a wholesale truncation of all replicated
> tables anyway?

Yes, it does, in order to make *sure* that it's starting with a clean
slate.

> Also, I see a couple messages like these:
>
> truncate of "public"."foo" failed - doing delete
>
> I don't understand why the truncation would fail.

That normally happens because Slony-I found a foreign key constraint
that prevented TRUNCATE from working.  No big problem.
--
(reverse (concatenate 'string "moc.enworbbc" "@" "enworbbc"))
http://www3.sympatico.ca/cbbrowne/rdbms.html