Geoffrey lists at serioustechnology.com
Fri Jun 6 09:05:23 PDT 2008
I can't seem to figure out what 'mechanism' actually causes replication.
  That may be a too simplistic view of the whole process, but the bottom
line is, I have to make sure that our manipulation of the
'session_replication_role' is going to properly address the issue of
insuring slony continues to replicate our data.

Is it the '_pro_cluster_logtrigger_1' trigger in the NODE 1 Database
that is responsible for the actual replication process?

That is, if I do the following:

ALTER TABLE foo ENABLE ALWAYS TRIGGER _pro_cluster_logtrigger_1;

I'm assuming that the replication will not be interrupted as this
trigger will always fire regardless of the 'session_replication_role'
setting.

Another way of putting it is, is it the '*_logtrigger_1' trigger that is
added to replicated tables responsible (directly or indirectly) for the
actual replication of data.

I say 'directly or indirectly' as I see that this trigger runs the
procedure _pro_cluster.logtrigger, and without looking into that
procedure mechanism, it's possible that it has a cascading effect that
ultimately effects the replication of data.

Please understand, I realize our current approach is not the best
solution, but, I don't set the priorities and replication is higher on
the list, then changing the way our application works.

--
Until later, Geoffrey

  - Benjamin Franklin