Geoffrey lists at serioustechnology.com
Thu Jun 5 10:43:44 PDT 2008
Andrew Sullivan wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 05, 2008 at 01:13:37PM -0400, Geoffrey wrote:
>> We have the need to pull data from a slony slave.  Will it cause any
>> problems if we add triggers/rules to perform this function, or does
>> slony disable the ability to add triggers/rules to the slave?
>
> Have a look at the STORE TRIGGER command.

I think I get the gist of this command, but I'm wondering if I'm missing
something.  If I add a trigger to a slave after slony has been set up,
but before any of the nodes have been subscribed, does slony still stop
that trigger from firing?

I guess the real question is, when can I add these triggers?  Do they
need to be in the database before I set slony up, or can I add them
after replication has started.

My original intention was to have the replication process already in
place, then add the triggers to the slave.

If I take this approach, do I still need to use the STORE TRIGGER command?

--
Until later, Geoffrey

  - Benjamin Franklin