Glyn Astill glynastill at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Jan 29 08:41:12 PST 2008
Hi chaps,

I've been looking at the available plugins for nagios to check the
state of Slony replication.

I see theres a couple of perl scripts, that try and track an update
across the nodes, then theres is a psql_replication_check.pl script
that checks the timestamp on a recent update.

Am I not mistaken in thinking that the best thing to monitor would be
the sl_status view on each node?  Then if st_lag_num_events goes
above a certain limit we know there may be a problem?

Of course this would not help us on a table by table basis, but it's
surely a good idea to be monitoring it is it not?

And if so are is anyone aware of plugins that already exist before I
attempt to create one?

Glyn