Raymond O'Donnell rod at iol.ie
Tue Jan 22 05:36:57 PST 2008
On 22/01/2008 13:22, Diego Algorta Casamayou wrote:

> I know, I know. But for example, I currently have full backups made
> from my master node. And restoring that backup to use it as an
> independent database doesn't really work because it still has slony
> all over the place. Running UNINSTALL NODE on it doesn't work either.

[snip]

> OK. But what do you do to get rid of slony on that restored database?
>
> This should be a common issue, but I can't find a clear note on it on
> the documentation.

Ah - I understand you now. Yes, I'm sure it's a common issue, and I've
never seen a clear answer to it either. I dump only the "public" schema,
which gets rid of most (though not all) of the Slony bits. I either live
with the rest, or else I go through the dump file and edit them out by
hand (it's a small database).

Not ideal, but it works for me.

Ray.

rod at iol.ie