Jeff Frost jeff at frostconsultingllc.com
Sat Jan 12 17:09:27 PST 2008
On Sat, 12 Jan 2008, Craig James wrote:

> Now all of my tables are locked, and I can't do our weekend update of our
> data.  When I try to do anything, I get:
>
>  execute failed: ERROR: Slony-I: Table sample is currently locked against
> updates because of MOVE_SET operation in progress.
>
> Help!  This is critical.  I need to at least get back to where I can update
> our database, like TONIGHT!  I thought this would be a fast operation,
> because in the past (on smaller databases), it's been virtually
> instantaneous.
>
> 1. How do I release the lock?
> 2. Why didn't the migration work???

Craig,

You can unlock it with the UNLOCK SET command.  You can find it here in the
docs:

http://slony.info/documentation/stmtunlockset.html

I'd check the logs to see if there are any clues as to why the move set failed
to complete.

BTW, what version of slony are you using?

--
Jeff Frost, Owner 	<jeff at frostconsultingllc.com>
Phone: 650-780-7908	FAX: 650-649-1954