Brad Nicholson bnichols at ca.afilias.info
Fri Jan 11 13:01:35 PST 2008
On Fri, 2008-01-11 at 14:41 -0500, Bill Moran wrote:

> > You could take your backup from the origin instead of the subscriber.
>
> Note that it seems that you can get the _data_ from the replica (i.e.
> pg_dump -a), but not the schema ... that has to come from the primary
> (or from your original data definition)

Sometimes.  We have databases that where pg_dump will run against the
replica, we have ones that it where it fails the a sanity check and
complains about missing OID's (pg 8.1 in both cases).

You should be able to use PITR against the replica.  You could recover
the replica and then uninstall slony from the recovered node.

--
Brad Nicholson  416-673-4106