Glyn Astill glynastill at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Jan 11 09:59:25 PST 2008
I'm in the process of building a system that uses slony-I for
replication, and I'm just starting to look at the best ways to do my
backups.

So far until I saw this thread I'd assumed that I could do a pg_dump
on a subscriber and keep that as my main backup. Or do a file system
backup of the subscriber.

In this case what would be the best way to restore the system from
that backup in the case of a publisher failing?

Any ideas on backup / restore techniques would be appreciated.