Christopher Browne cbbrowne at ca.afilias.info
Wed Jan 9 11:00:13 PST 2008
Glyn Astill <glynastill at yahoo.co.uk> writes:
> Hi Chris,
>
> If I do "/usr/local/pgsql/bin/slon -f /data/postgres/slon.conf" at in
> the terminal it works, however it does not from the startup script.
>
> Will try strace now...

Hmm.

I assume you're specifying full path names in the startup script, so
it's not running afoul of (say) having $PATH defined differently.

The only other thing that comes to mind is that sometimes ulimit
settings differ when running init as compared to a user shell.  But I
can't think of what resource the system would decline to give because
of this; usually the problem is along the lines of getting
insufficient memory space, but that doesn't seem like the problem
you're having.
--
(reverse (concatenate 'string "moc.enworbbc" "@" "enworbbc"))
http://www3.sympatico.ca/cbbrowne/languages.html