Richard Yen dba at richyen.com
Wed Jan 9 09:28:56 PST 2008
Hi All,

I've got a monitor running on my Slony cluster, and it notifies me
when lag_num_events and/or lag_time exceeds a particular threshold.
For the purposes of business requirements, I've set the threshold to
10 seconds and 20 events, with a sync_time of 500ms in my conf file.
With time, the frequency of the notifications of lag have increased.
Consequently, I was able to convince the authorities to let me
increase the thresholds to 30 seconds and 60 events.  More time passed
(months), and now I'm getting pages again.

Is there a known bloating issue with slony and its lag times?  If so,
how can we un-bloat?

Thanks!
--Richard