"Stéphane A. Schildknecht" stephane.schildknecht at postgresqlfr.org
Wed Feb 27 07:55:19 PST 2008
Sebastien Lardiere a écrit :
>> as
>>> You're right, i enable forward for 2 and 3, and then failover work.
>>>

> Ok, it work, and i understand why i've got some error :
>
> - I have to set all direct receiver with forward = yes
>
> - When I do failover, i have to wait before send "drop node" for remover the old master.

Did you have to explicitly drop the node ? Documentation says it is done on
every subscriber by the failover command. (so does slonik source code).

> Perhaps somewhere in the documentation, it could be write that in case of failover, future master and direct receiver have to be set with forward = yes ?

It's explained here :

http://slony.info/adminguide/slony1-1.2.6/doc/adminguide/stmtsubscribeset.html

In fact, it is said that you should turn it off if you are *certain* you will
*never* fail or switch against that node.

Best regards,

SAS