henry henry at zen.co.za
Thu Feb 14 19:28:45 PST 2008
Hello all,

My replication cluster periodically lags behind due to load, etc.  This is
a problem for other systems.

I'm using "slon -g256 -o1000" on the slaves to try and speed up
replication, or to force it to replicate larger chunks of rows at a time.

Is this the best way to do this, and if so, how much larger can I safely
make those values?

If not, is there some other parameter I can set to force slony to
replicate larger chunks of data at a time (obviously at the cost of sys
and network load )?  ... or am I totally off the mark here?

Replication lag is a real deal-killer in my case.

Thanks
Henry