chris chris at dba2.int.libertyrms.com
Mon Aug 11 07:56:03 PDT 2008
"Mark Steben" <msteben at autorevenue.com> writes:
> I messed up and sent this originally as HTML.  Resending as plain text.

Thanks, that's helpful!

> Hi - hoping for some help.
> I'm running Slony 1.2.14 on a simple 1 master 1 slave configuration.  Each
> server is running Postgres 8.2.5.
> I had to restart both master and slave servers.  When I tried to restart the
> slons I got errors in the slave log that
> Table ids were already assigned within the set.  So I dropped the set,
> dropped the path and the listens,
> And recreated all with CREATE SET,  STORE PATH, and STORE LISTENS on the
> provider
>
> Now when I restart the slons and subscribe the newly defined set I get the
> following error in the logs
> On the slave:
>     node -1 not found in runtime configuration
>
> and the copy fails.
>
> When I query SL_NODE on the master I get:
>
>    no_id | no_active |   no_comment    | no_spool
> -------+-----------+-----------------+----------
>      1 | t         | Master Node     | f
>      2 | f         | <event pending> | f
>
> And the same query on the slave gives:
>
> no_id | no_active |        no_comment        | no_spool
> -------+-----------+--------------------------+----------
>      1 | t         | Master Node                    | f
>      2 | t         | subscriber node                | f
> (2 rows)
>
> Do I have to recreate the node(s) as well?
>
> Any help would be appreciated.  thanks

That error message takes place at the beginning of the function
"copy_set", and indicates that the slon couldn't find the node in the
in-memory configuration.

That can commonly be rectified by restarting the slon, which will
cause the slon to reread its configuration.

Except, we should take a step back.  The trouble is that copy_set()
was trying to access a node that it wasn't properly aware of.

The data that you have provided about sl_node on both nodes looks
useful, actually.  It indicates that the "master" node hasn't yet
figured out its configuration, which seems quite plausible to cause
further troubles.

If I had to guess, I'd imagine that perhaps you hadn't run a slon
against the "master" node and that it isn't properly aware, yet, that
node #2 has been set up.

Before you start trying to set up subscriptions, make sure you can run
things like "STORE PATH" and see, in the logs, that this has been
processed by both nodes.
--
let name="cbbrowne" and tld="acm.org" in String.concat "@" [name;tld];;
http://cbbrowne.com/info/x.html