chris chris at dba2.int.libertyrms.com
Thu Aug 7 09:52:10 PDT 2008
Glyn Astill <glynastill at yahoo.co.uk> writes:
> It looks like at some point in the future I'm going to have to shift
> my production servers off onto another subnet.  Is there a set way
> to go about changing the IP addresses of slony nodes?  Or do I just
> go in and piddle with sl_path manually?

There are two parts to this:

1.  You need to change the configuration in sl_path on all nodes.

The *right* way to do this is by using the Slonik command STORE PATH
to submit requests that indicate the revised addresses.

Don't change the IPs manually in sl_path; use STORE PATH.

2.  You need to change the configuration used to get the slon
processes to connect to the nodes that they manage.

Where to change that depends on how you launch slon processes.
--
"cbbrowne","@","acm.org"
http://linuxdatabases.info/info/advocacy.html