Christopher Browne cbbrowne at ca.afilias.info
Fri Aug 29 06:12:18 PDT 2008
"Mark Steben" <msteben at autorevenue.com> writes:
> Postgres has the PG_SETTINGS table to easily query for the current runtime
> configurations.  Does Slony have something comparable?  I'm looking for
> Any and all runtime configurations settings.  We are running Slony 1.2.14
> On Postgres 8.2.5.
>
> Thanks, Mark

Well, nearly all configuration is in the database schema that lives in
each database, which should be pretty useful.

There hasn't traditionally been a way to query the slon configuration
(e.g. - the parameters passed in on command line and in slon.conf
file).  "ps" should help with the command line options :-).  If
slon.conf changes, it mightn't match the in-memory conditions.

I have a change in 2.0 where the runtime config is dumped to the logs
at startup time; you're obviously not running that yet :-).
--
select 'cbbrowne' || '@' || 'acm.org';
http://linuxfinances.info/info/advocacy.html