Dave Page dpage at pgadmin.org
Wed Aug 27 00:44:24 PDT 2008
On Wed, Aug 27, 2008 at 5:33 AM, Jan Wieck <JanWieck at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Next thought ... maybe it could be integrated into pgAdmin-III? Already a
> GUI tool, perfect! Well, that didn't get far either and in hindsight, it was
> a terrible thought to begin with because pgAdmin is the LAST thing you want
> on a production server. pgAdmin is despite its name a development tool that
> lets you create, alter and drop just about each and every database object
> with the click of a button ... kinda like having a full development
> environment and typing "make install". Neat, but not on a production server
> where dropping the wrong table is a disaster. So integrating basic
> replication administration into such a tool is a bad idea.

I'm never entirely sure when you're being sarcastic Jan :-), but just
in case, I guess you're not aware that pgAdmin already has support for
Slony administration - work which was commissioned as part of the
contract we had for the win32 port a few years back.

http://people.planetpostgresql.org/dpage/index.php?/archives/51-Setting-up-Slony-I-with-pgAdmin.html

/D

--
Dave Page