Phoenix Kiula phoenix.kiula at gmail.com
Tue Aug 26 04:45:25 PDT 2008
On 8/26/08, Martin Eriksson <m.eriksson at albourne.com> wrote:

>  I've written a rather detailed document on how to do migration using slony,
> though it does contain some company specific steps so I can not just put it
> out there, i would need to clean it up a bit first. Will see if i got the
> time time to do it today or tomorrow.

Thanks Martin. I would really appreciate that. All I need is one
database with 10 tables, some RULES, and 5 functions. That's it. But
the data size is close to about 30GB already as the tables are from a
very busy website, which is why I am bothering with Slony to begin
with, as pg_dump etc takes a LOT of time.

You can remove your corporate information. All I am looking for is
some simple steps to:

1. Install Slony
2. Install new PG on same server (localhost) with 8.3.3 version
3. Replicate all structure and data, everything, from old DB to new DB
4. Once it is all working, switch old DB to new DB

Between step 3 and 4, if there is any way in which I can check if the
new DB is also working with my Apache and PHP, that would be nice.

Thanks!