Adam Olsen arolsen at gmail.com
Tue Aug 19 09:32:14 PDT 2008
Hello,

First off, I'm sorry if this seems like a stupid question.

I'm trying to group my tables into sets.  In the online documentation,
it says that "It will be vital to group tables together into a single
set if those tables are related via foreign key constraints".  I am
creating a Django application, and every table is related to some
other table via a foreign key.  Sometimes this relation is to the
"User" table, and sometimes this relation is to a table that has a
relation to the "User" table.  We don't have any tables that aren't
somehow associated to the "User" table.

We have quite a few tables, so this means that, to my understanding,
all of our tables need to be in a single set.  From what I understand,
this can cause deadlocking issues, and I'd obviously rather avoid
that.

What can I do to better group my sets?

--
Adam Olsen