Bill Moran wmoran at collaborativefusion.com
Wed Aug 13 07:04:04 PDT 2008

> I have a replaction cluster which works well someday ago: when I insert
> a record into master, the slave will get the record.
>
> today, I want to add some other table into it, so I create a new set
> like this:
> #!/bin/bash
>
> SLONIK=/usr/local/pgsql/bin/slonik
>
> $SLONIK <<_SCRIPT_
> cluster name = replication;
> 	node 1 admin conninfo='host=localhost dbname=bbs user=ya port=5432';
> 	node 2 admin conninfo='host=localhost dbname=bbs user=ya port=5433';
> 	node 3 admin conninfo='host=localhost dnname=bbs user=ya port=5434';
>
> 	try {
> 		create set (id = 2, origin = 1, comment = 'Set 2 for replication');
> 	} on error {
> 		echo 'Could not create subscription set 2 for replication';
> 		exit -1;
> 	}
>
> 	echo 'Subscription set 2 created';
>
> 	echo 'Adding tables to subscription set';
> 	set add table (set id = 2, origin = 1, id = 523, full qualified name =
> 'content.thread_preference', comment = 'nodesc');
>
> 	try {
> 		subscribe set (id=2, provider=1, receiver=2, forward=yes);
> 		subscribe set (id=2, provider=1, receiver=3, forward=yes);
> 	} on error {
> 		echo 'Could not create subscribe and merge for replication';
> 		exit -1;
> 	}
> _SCRIPT_
>
> but, when the set created, I found that slony became invalidation, for
> example, when I delete/insert a record from master, there is no affect
> to slave.
> (all the trigger created by slony is exist)

How long did you wait?  Is it possible that the initial sync of the
new table is taking long enough that your changes are simply backlogged
and haven't propagated yet?

> I don't know what's wrong with it? I can't get any information from the
> slony's log.

You're going to have to fix this problem to get more information before
anyone will be able to help you with the other problem.  Why aren't
the logs working?  Fix that first.

--
Bill Moran
Collaborative Fusion Inc.

wmoran at collaborativefusion.com
Phone: 412-422-3463x4023

IMPORTANT: This message contains confidential information and is
intended only for the individual named. If the reader of this
message is not an intended recipient (or the individual
responsible for the delivery of this message to an intended
recipient), please be advised that any re-use, dissemination,
distribution or copying of this message is prohibited. Please
notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received
this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system.
E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or
destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. The
sender therefore does not accept liability for any errors or
omissions in the contents of this message, which arise as a
result of e-mail transmission.