Charles Duffy charles.duffy at gmail.com
Mon Aug 4 17:07:01 PDT 2008

> I am using Slony-I 1.2.12 and have a simple 2 node Master/Slave environment.
> Node 1 is the Master/provider and node 2 is the slave/receiver.
> Node 1 goes down, ie database not accessible, and I failover to node 2:
>
> failover ( id = 1, backup node = 2);
> drop node ( id = 1);
>
> I receive the following error from the drop node command:
> Error: Node ID and event node cannot be identical

You should specify an event node in the 'drop node' slonik command.
Something like:

try {
      drop node (id = 1, event node = 2);
  } on error {
      echo 'Failed to drop node 1 from cluster';
      exit 1;
  }

In your case, node 2 should be the node that the event is generated
on. Without an explicit 'event node' parameter, it'll default to 1.

Thanks,

Charles Duffy