Michael Gruetzner mgruetzn at HTWM.De
Mon Apr 21 09:31:23 PDT 2008
On 21.04.2008, at 17:55, Vivek Khera wrote:

> On Apr 21, 2008, at 9:05 AM, Bill Moran wrote:
>
>> I don't understand the question.  What do you mean by "network
>> partition" and how does this represent a failure scenario?
>
> Normally all hosts can see every other one. When your network is
> partitioned, you end up with at least two subsets which can still
> see every other host within that subset, bot none of the hosts in
> the other subset(s).

This is exactly what I was talking about. Most clustering solutions
handle this issue by shutting down one of both
subsets. Usually there happens some kind of evaluation to determine
which subset to shut down.

Unfortunately the Slony documentation says nothing about that kind of
issue.

Best regards,
Michael