Jeff Frost jeff at frostconsultingllc.com
Tue Apr 8 15:19:06 PDT 2008
On Tue, 8 Apr 2008, Christopher Browne wrote:

> salman <salmanb at quietcaresystems.com> writes:
>> Ugh. So any existing scripts and/or cron jobs would have to be
>> modified and tested, again, to make sure they work. I was hoping such
>> a base feature would be in there and I just missed it while going
>> through the docs page, but I guess not.
>
> It was not made clear that renumbering nodes is not practical; I have
> patched the docs to indicate this...
>
> http://lists.slony.info/pipermail/slony1-commit/2008-April/002226.html

Christopher,

Any chance of changing the slonik functions to have a default EVENT NODE of
<ORIGIN NODE> instead of 1?  I think this plus the ability to DEFINE aliases
would take care of all these issues.  Perhaps we should make the DEFINE more
prominent in the docs.  I suppose also making EVENT NODE required instead of
optional could help with that as well.

--
Jeff Frost, Owner 	<jeff at frostconsultingllc.com>
Phone: 650-780-7908	FAX: 650-649-1954