Craig James craig_james at emolecules.com
Fri Apr 4 09:12:05 PDT 2008
Craig James wrote:
> A replication set failed to do the initial copy (the network connection
> is unreliable), and got into a state where it couldn't finish.  So I did
> a drop-set / create-set to recreate the set, using the exact same slonik
> commands that I used initially.
>
> Now I get an error that makes no sense:
>
> remoteWorkerThread_1: node -1 not found in runtime configuration
>
> So for some reason, it can't connect any more, but the only change was
> the drop-set/create-set.
>
> I tried re-executing the store-path commands, but that makes no
> difference.  I also verified that the databases are both running, and
> that both are accessible.
>
> What's going on here?  Any help would be appreciated, I REALLY need to
> get this database copied soon!

Just to keep things going while I wait for an answer, I did "drop set" on set 5, so that sets 6 & 7 could copy.  Now things are even stranger:  It is STILL trying to copy set 5!  But there is no set 5.

So that leads me to believe there is an event in the queue that can never finish because, after the copy-set failed, and the set was deleted, but event was NOT deleted.

I'm stuck in a loop of errors.  Please, answers anyone???

Thanks,
Craig