Marko Kreen markokr at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 01:21:46 PDT 2007
On 9/22/07, Decibel! <decibel at decibel.org> wrote:
> Actually, what I'm really wondering is if a "commit ID" analogous to a
> transaction ID but set at commit time (and in order of commits) would
> vastly simplify things...

Could you clarify?  I don't get it.  Assuming we keep the trigger
based event logging, the event storage happens at the time of
insert/update/delete statement, how can anything determined at
commit time be useful?

The xxid/txid usage may be slightly unobvious, but it is direct
1:1 mapping to PostgreSQL internal MVCC logic, so you can be
certain that if postgres works then this also works.

I see no need to replace it with something else.

--
marko