Richard Yen dba at richyen.com
Fri Sep 14 11:50:57 PDT 2007
Hi All,

Ran an EXECUTE SCRIPT command, but somewhere, the script failed.  The
DDL statements were successfully executed on the provider, but for
the two subscribers, naturally, nothing happened.

Now, I'm wondering what I need to do?  Manually add the columns in on
the subscribers?  Attempt to drop the columns from the provider?  Do
something else?

Here is the output of my slonik command:
> perform a single schema change
> DDL script consisting of 4 SQL statements
> DDL Statement 0: (0,6) [BEGIN;]
> <stdin>:6: WARNING:  there is already a transaction in progress
> DDL Statement 1: (6,57) [
> ALTER TABLE m_nodes ADD COLUMN crawl_host VARCHAR;]
> DDL Statement 2: (57,109) [
> ALTER TABLE m_nodes ADD COLUMN crawl_port SMALLINT;]
> DDL Statement 3: (109,117) [
> COMMIT;]
> Complete DDL Event...
> Event submission for DDL failed - PGRES_FATAL_ERROR
> <stdin>:6: WARNING:  there is no transaction in progress

Not sure if it helps much.  I'm still scouring around my logs for the
statement that failed, but I don't think I can uncover it...

Any suggestions/little known facts about what I can do?

Thanks!
--Richard