JP Fletcher jpfletch at ca.afilias.info
Wed Sep 12 09:12:37 PDT 2007
Hi,

I'm trying to create a  test cluster in the image of one that already
exists.  The script I'm using  connects to the existing cluster, then
builds an INIT CLUSTER command based on the current origin node.  The id
of the node in question is 40003.  The INIT CLUSTER fails with the
following:

/opt/scripts/slonik/cluster/cluster_init.slonik:2: PGRES_FATAL_ERROR
select "_cluster".initializeLocalNode(40003, 'Node 40003'); select
"_cluster".enableNode(40003);  - ERROR:  bigint out of range
CONTEXT:  SQL statement "SELECT  setval('"_cluster".sl_rowid_seq',  $1
::int8 * '1000000000000000'::int8)"
PL/pgSQL function "initializelocalnode" line 26 at perform

The node in question was added via STORE NODE, and a MOVE SET was done
at some time.  If a node id is acceptable to STORE NODE should it not
also be acceptable to INIT CLUSTER?  I happened to notice this on a
1.1.5 cluster, but it looks to me that initializeLocalNode() is
identical in v 1.2.

JP

--
JP Fletcher