Jan Wieck JanWieck at Yahoo.com
Sat Sep 8 19:47:47 PDT 2007
There is a (utterly undocumented) new utility that I just added to
REL_1_2_STABLE and HEAD. It is called slony_logshipper and will be
released with 1.2.12 as soon as somebody fixes the documentation problem
of it.

As the name suggests, it is a utility that can be used (eventually by
using slon's option -x) to pick up slony log archives (caused by option
-a). It can currently do limited archive file processing, like filtering
out a table, or an entire namespace, or renaming a table or an entire
namespace. It can write the result into another file, or it can open a
database connection and apply all resulting queries.

It can also issue pre- and post-processing commands like compressing or
removing the archive file (or just throw it over the fence via scp).

So if anyone was thinking about developing some crude shell scripts that
do anything with the log archives ... maybe you don't any more.

Jan