Vivek Khera vivek at khera.org
Thu Sep 6 08:07:02 PDT 2007
On Sep 5, 2007, at 10:39 PM, Jan Wieck wrote:

> On 9/4/2007 9:53 PM, Dan Falconer wrote:
>> 	I was then struck by yet another surprise: Slony seems to like
>> keeping all it's log data, even when it's the only running node.
>> I've noticed there have
>
> The case of having a replication set but no subscribers at all is a
> little pathologic and not optimized for especially.

I ran into this in a 2-node setup when the replica failed and had to
have hardware replaced. The only way out was to uninstall slony from
the origin server, and then re-configure everything from scratch.

I recall either Chris or Jan saying roughly the same thing about it
not being a tested normal operation case at that time, too :-)