Andrew Sullivan ajs at crankycanuck.ca
Tue Oct 23 13:09:32 PDT 2007
Note: you're posting to the old list, I think.  You actually want the
new list.  I've changed the To: line, but cc:d the old list.

(Admins: I thought we'd made the old list no-post?)

On Tue, Oct 23, 2007 at 03:10:28PM -0400, Ouray Viney wrote:

> 	I suspected this initially and checked the permission on the
> file; it was originally set to "root".

Could anyone else read it?  It'd be the read permissions that are
relevant here.

> 	Does anyone know how the $libdir is set or what it really should
> be (I ran ltrace to try to find out but it wasn't actually evaluated:

You can use pg_config to learn that.

> 	After changing the permissions I re-ran the command but with no
> further progress.
>
> 	Here are the current permissions on the file:
>
> 	-rwxrwxrwx  1 postgres postgres 7.9K Oct 19 12:19 xxid.so
>
> 	Note:  Obviously not required to have +x.
>
> 	Does anyone else have any ideas why the error occurs?

That may be the problem, actually.  I am not sure whether postgres
will load the module with the execute bit set.  Also, you need to
check permissions on the parent directory.

Andrew Sullivan  | ajs at crankycanuck.ca
The plural of anecdote is not data.
		--Roger Brinner