Andrew Sullivan ajs at crankycanuck.ca
Thu May 31 04:29:50 PDT 2007
On Thu, May 31, 2007 at 09:33:48AM +0400, open wrote:
> when i setup the replication (with the slon_tools) everything be OK,
> but after then, the engineer of the our partner setup firerwall, and we
> have connection only from slave to master, and no connection from master
> to slave....

Then it's broken.  Tell the "engineer" to fix the network so that it
works the way it needs to.  It is well-documented that every active
node in a Slony cluster must be able to talk to the other nodes.  As
far as Slony knows, the events haven't arrived on the replica.  If
you fix the firewall, the problem should go away on its own.

Andrew Sullivan  | ajs at crankycanuck.ca
I remember when computers were frustrating because they *did* exactly what
you told them to.  That actually seems sort of quaint now.
		--J.D. Baldwin