Christopher Browne cbbrowne at mail.libertyrms.com
Fri Jun 29 04:57:19 PDT 2007
Raymond O'Donnell <rod at iol.ie> writes:
> On 28/06/2007 23:17, Christopher Browne wrote:
>
>> There's a further "wish list" we're looking at, for which it seems
>> timely to solicit additions:
>
> Maybe I'm missing something blindingly obvious (I'm pretty
> inexperienced with Slony), but would it be possible to produce a tool
> that allows a dump of a replicated node *without* all the extra stuff
> Slony adds - the extra schema, triggers, etc. - in other words, output
> similar to that produced by pg_dump on an unreplicated database? -
> preferably a binary application rather than a shell script, so it can
> be used on Windows machines also.
>
> As I say, maybe I'm missing something.....please point me in the right
> direction if I am.

I think that's going to be an easily supported feature in 2.0 already.

- The dumps will be entirely consistent (e.g. - devoid of breakage due
to pg_catalog hacking) because the new 8.3 trigger handling makes it
unnecessary to "hack up" the system catalogue.

- You can use the pg_dump option "--exclude-schema" option to leave
out the extra schema, which will make triggers, functions, and such
fall away.

It won't quite be "automatic," but it will be plenty easier than it is
now...
--
let name="cbbrowne" and tld="ca.afilias.info" in String.concat "@" [name;tld];;
<http://dba2.int.libertyrms.com/>