Dandrea Francesco francesco.dandrea at telecomitalia.it
Tue Jun 5 03:54:59 PDT 2007

Hi all, I have to install slony in 2 servers (that I don't control).
On this 2 servers the postgres DB is installed in 2 different places.
If possible I don't want to compile slony 2 times.

There is a problem: when I run the slonik command "init cluster" it
complains about the missing file
<DIR_WHERE_POSTGRES_WAS_ON_THE_MACHINE_SLONY_WAS_COMPILED>/share/xxid.v8
0.sql. The file is in the dir <PGHOME>/share.

I saw that in slonik.c there is this one:
#ifndef WIN32
        strcpy(share_path, PGSHARE);
#else
	/*
	 * We need to find a share directory like PostgreSQL.
	 */
	if (find_my_exec(argv[0],myfull_path) < 0)
	{
		printf("full path was unacquirable. '%s'\n", argv[0]);
		return -1;
	}
	else
	{
		get_share_path(myfull_path, share_path);
	}
#endif

PGSHARE is defined in makefile somewhere and it's the place where
postgreSQL is at compile time.

Removing the ifndef and leaving only the else side (plus some other
relate small changes) did the trick, and if I put slonik in the bin dir
of postgreSQL all seems to work ok.

To me it seems that all works ok, in your opinion is there some trouble
in doing so?

Thanks a lot

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

This message and its attachments are addressed solely to the persons above and may contain confidential information. If you have received the message in error, be informed that any use of the content hereof is prohibited. Please return it immediately to the sender and delete the message. Should you have any questions, please contact us by replying to webmaster at telecomitalia.it.

        Thank you

                                        www.telecomitalia.it