Andrew Sullivan ajs at crankycanuck.ca
Mon Jun 4 07:49:54 PDT 2007
On Sat, Jun 02, 2007 at 01:26:19PM -0400, Jan Wieck wrote:
> The DDL script is injected into the system at the origin of a set and
> flows like the data out to the subscribers over their prividers. The
> subscribe however is injected at the new subscriber, travels to the
> origin which will respond with an ENABLE_SUBSCRIPTION that travels back.
> At the time the SUBSCRIBE_SET is created on the subscriber by slonik,
> the subscriber might be behind, thus hasn't processed the outstanding
> DDL script event yet and would just happily accept the subscription request.

This leads me to believe that the only thing to do is document this,
and move on.  It's just a limitation of async communications that
there are race conditions, and some race conditions are the sort of
thing that are going to break those async communications.

Andrew Sullivan  | ajs at crankycanuck.ca
In the future this spectacle of the middle classes shocking the avant-
garde will probably become the textbook definition of Postmodernism.
                --Brad Holland