Andrew Sullivan ajs at crankycanuck.ca
Sun Jul 29 09:41:12 PDT 2007
On Sat, Jul 28, 2007 at 08:56:32PM -0700, Habib Seifzadeh wrote:

> I would like to setup machines so that each application can work
> with local database when network fails. when the network goes on,
> the local database synchronize itself with other databases.

> Could Slony-I or other replication systems help me? If not, how can
> I achieve my goal?

I know of no current system for PostgreSQL that can do this.  There
might be a way to extend Slony in a very hacky way to allow it.  What
you need is a detached-system, async., multimaster replication
system, presumably with some sort of conflict resolution.

If you only need read access during network failure, then you could
do this with slony by putting a replica on every application node.

Andrew Sullivan  | ajs at crankycanuck.ca
The fact that technology doesn't work is no bar to success in the marketplace.
		--Philip Greenspun