Al Rosenthal arosenthal at AtlantaHand.com
Fri Jul 13 13:12:52 PDT 2007
Several weeks ago I posted about trouble replicating on a windows system us=
ing a wireless network.  I followed the advice by the list members and used=
 a wired portion of the network.  Now I can replicate my 400 MB db without =
any problems.

What I still can not do is replicate a 22 GB database.  My initial trials a=
ll failed after about 12 to 15 GB with an error 10055 in the logs.  Accordi=
ng to windows knowlegebase, this is because of a lack of TCP buffers.  I fo=
llowed microsoft's advice and edited the registry and changed such things a=
s the MaxUserPort and TCPTimedWaitDelay and  TcpNumConnections to their max=
imums.  Still no luck.  I have tried about 30 times and always the replicat=
ion fails.  If I leave everything alone, replication restarts on its own, b=
ut fails sooner.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.  Doing a daily backup of 22GB and the=
n copying to the other machine is very time consuming.

Al