Mark Stosberg mark
Tue Jan 30 11:09:42 PST 2007
Hello,

I suggest that these references that refer to "COPY SET" be updated to
refer to "SUBSCRIBE SET":

# grep -R 'COPY SET' faq.sgml slonik_ref.sgml startslons.sgml
faq.sgml:Further hurting performane, the <command>COPY SET</command> event

slonik_ref.sgml:     the <command>COPY SET</command> process winds up
doing more work than should be

startslons.sgml:initial <command>COPY SET</command>.  The problem that
came up in that

startslons.sgml:restarting slon, thereby restarting the <command>COPY
SET</command>

I was reading about the effects of COPY SET, and was trying to figure
out where the user interface to it was-- at what point in the process a
COPY SET happens.

As I understand, it happens only as part of issuing a "SUBSCRIBE SET".
If that's correct, the documentation would improved to consistently
refer to operation from the perspective of the user.

Referring to COPY SET without a connection to how it is triggered is
confusing.

  Mark