Geoffrey lists at serioustechnology.com
Thu Dec 20 18:50:39 PST 2007
Vivek Khera wrote:

> On Dec 19, 2007, at 6:12 PM, Geoffrey wrote:
>
>> As I understand it, if I'm replicating from one machine to another, I
>> must have identical slon_tools.conf files on both machines.
>
> no, you need to change teh connection string so each slon connects to
> its own server it is responsible for.
>
> the slons can run on any box; they just connect as clients to postgres.
> most people tend to run the associated slon on the same box as the
> postgres server.

Thanks for the response.  Any ideas on the other part of my post?  That
is, how do I configure slony to handle multiple databases on one machine
to be replicated to multiple instances on a second machine?

We have eleven postmasters running on one machine in order to be able to
better control the configuration of each and limit downtime.  What I
need to do is replicate all eleven to another machine.

The example slon_tools.conf file does not appear to lend itself to this.
  There is one MASTERNODE, whereas I need eleven.

--
Until later, Geoffrey

  - Benjamin Franklin