Christopher Browne cbbrowne at ca.afilias.info
Mon Dec 17 15:57:50 PST 2007
"James Tucker" <jameshtucker at gmail.com> writes:
> Thanks very much.  What is the best way to take the slave out of
> read only mode so we can alter indexes etc ?

You don't need to.

1.  You must NOT touch the key being used as the primary key.  Touch
it, and replication is liable to fail on that table, and break
overall.

2.  The database isn't in any "read only mode;" the replicated tables
are set up to forbid direct updates via INSERT/UPDATE/DELETE.  That
does not prevent you from doing what you wish with indexes.

Feel free to do...

  CREATE INDEX FOO on BAR(a,b,c);
--
let name="cbbrowne" and tld="linuxfinances.info" in name ^ "@" ^ tld;;