James Tucker jameshtucker at gmail.com
Sun Dec 16 17:29:50 PST 2007
Hi All,

We're currently running slony to replicate to our DR site.  We're looking at
creating another reporting database at each site so our application can use
that for reports etc, and the master for our normal oltp load.  The
reporting database only needs a subset of the tables included in the DR set.

I have 2 questions.

Is there any reason we can't create different indexes (aimed at faster
reports as apposed to OTLP) on the reporting slave ?

Currently I just have one set that includes all our tables, am I able to
create another set with just a selection of those tables ?  Or would I need
to recreate my existing set, splitting it.

i.e.

set1 =3D table1, table2, table3

set2 =3D table1, table2.

Thanks in advance.