Josh Harrison joshques at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 10:36:43 PST 2007
Hi
I have a question regarding slony's switchover and failover option
The document says
"At the time of this writing switchover to another server requires the
application to reconnect to the database. So in order to avoid any
complications, we simply shut down the web server. Users who use pg_pool for
the applications database connections merely have to shut down the pool."

1  So does this mean that during the switchover, the web server should be
shut down and users will not be able to access the database at that time?
2. Is there any time frame for this switchover ie., how long it takes ? what
does this depend on?
3. Is there any other way to keep the web server up running during this
switch over operation?

Thnaks
josh